- Industry-leading eco-comfort technology is built into every system.
- We care about our environment, and our products reflect that concern.
- Our products are one of the Top 10 Product award winners for 2012, awarded by BuildingGreen.
Eco-comfort technology is engineered into every aspect of our systems.
• Eco-friendly refrigerant: Environmentally friendly R410A refrigerant offers zero Ozone Depletion Potential (ODP) and allows for higher heat transfer coefficient (COP). This innovative feature means a reduction in equipment size, a reduction in piping size, and higher pressure for greater performance. Smaller equipment also means less impact on the environment at the end of the product’s life cycle.
• Standard compliance: All Mitsubishi Electric Cooling & Heating products follow standards and guidelines as set forth by the ENERGY STAR, EPA, AHRI, UL, ASHRAE, ETL, and ISO.
• Recycling design: Our air conditioners are specially designed to allow for easy cleaning, efficient disassembly, and more practical recycling. The number of parts used in indoor units has been reduced by adopting modular components, a process which also simplifies materials separation for recycling. To date as much as 84 percent of the materials used to build a Mr. Slim system is recyclable.
• Smart energy usage: Mitsubishi Electric INVERTER zoning systems smartly deliver only the cooling and heating capacity needed, unlike a traditional full-power ON cooling and heating system. Individual indoor air handlers, ductless or ducted, are installedwithin the zone. These air handlers measure the load for that specific zone and for added efficiency deliver only the capacity needed directly to the space compared to energy lost in long ductwork runs. If a zone is not being used, you do not have to condition that space (or you can individually set it back). Smarter sensing technology and microprocessors enhance the system’s ability to measure room temperature accurately for added comfort, performance and efficiency.
• Minimal impact on landfills: All Mitsubishi Electric air-conditioning products use long-life washable filters.
More than a tag line, it is a philosophy…
Because our systems help you reduce the energy consumption in your home, you are doing your part to leave less of a footprint on the environment, all while saving money on your energy bill.
Mitsubishi Electric Corporation embraces the Environmental Vision 2021 initiative, which sets dramatic goals for reducing greenhouse gas emissions (for example: reducing Carbon Dioxide emissions from product usage by 30%), recycling resources, and raising environmental awareness by 2021. It should be noted that while many corporations are joining the “green” movement today, the Environmental Vision 2021 initiative was created by Mitsubishi Electric in 1991 as a thirty-year effort. Click here to view our global environmental portal.
Besides, the 2012 BuildingGreen award, in 2009 Mitsubishi Electric was given the GREEN PRODUCT award by the industry leading publication Building Products Magazine. We were one of only 16 products to receive this award for energy efficiency, resource efficiency, and health and comfort.
We even promote sustainability through our distributor network by offering training classes that instruct participants on the proper methods of installing systems and handling and recovering refrigerants. The company provides increased warranties for contractors who complete commissioning reports that confirm proper system installations.
As a Diamond Contractor N.E.T.R. Inc. has reached the highest level of accreditation from Mitsubishi Electric HVAC Division. We have successfully completed factory training in the areas of applications, sales and service for ductless air products.